Photo bomb warning.
Well hello there! I’m back from a week in paradise, aka Strathmere, NJ. It’s just past Sea Isle City, with a clear view of Atlantic City, and the best view of the ocean I’ve ever had at a beach house. I took many things back with me, some great new memories shared with family, and a cold that is getting worse by the second. But I learned a few things, and thought I’d take this opportunity to reflect.
1. When driving down the turnpike, do not trust that your ticket will stay put in your visor. This is a $19.95 lesson, my friends.
2. The first weekday you partake in a glass of wine before 1pm feels like you’re doing something “wrong”, but the first day this is no longer acceptable behavior is just plain wrong.
3. A baby falling asleep in your lap is one of the sweetest experiences a human being can have.
4. Sunsets never get old. Ever.
5. Those little icing tubes for writing on cakes are bullsh*t. Who’s handwriting is legible when they use those?! Thank god for candles to distract from that debauchery.
6. As a child who always wanted sisters, I don’t think God could have brought two more wonderfully amazing and beautiful women into my brothers’ lives.
7. Sand under your toes is heavenly. Millions of shards of seashells, however, not so much.
8. When partaking in body surfing, one must remember two things: one-pieces are optimal, and keep your knees up. See above photo.
9. Fishing is only fun when someone baits your hook and removes your caught fish. (PS after catching like 4 baby sharks I almost wasn’t able to go back into the ocean.)
10. I will never ever ever learn my lesson that I’m an extreme over-packer. Ever.
11. Just when I thought I couldn’t be any more of a hyper-emotional person, I proved myself wrong by crying when I dropped Mac off at the kennel. And then maybe a little bit when I picked him up, too.
12. I am incredibly blessed with a family whom I was fortunate enough to spend an entire week with, but most importantly, parents that I love with all my heart and am grateful for every single day. Thanks for an amazing week <3
Now back to the grind.
Are we sure it’s not ok to drink wine at 1pm this week?