It’s Friday, and I have quite a few events going on this weekend. And even though my idea of a good weekend is yoga pants and puppy snuggles (and wine, duh), the aforementioned events include makeup, leaf blowing and animals that need rescued, so I suppose it’s all for a good purpose. Except the leaf blowing, that shit’s for the birds. Manual labor? Apparently Brandon forgot who he married. So let’s get to it, shall we?
1. I’m still watching Dawson’s Creek (everysinglenight), and it’s my favorite part of the day. I am constantly fighting the urge to stay up til 1am watching rerun after rerun of Creek shenanigans. So many new things are revealed to me through this process, as well as many questions that have arisen. Like, are we just supposed to pretend like Gretchen isn’t like actually 40? If she’s 21, I’m 7. I get the whole Dawson-dates-Pacey’s-sister story line, ohhh drama… but could we have chosen someone who actually resembles a strapping young Joshua Jackson instead of Cougar Calendar’s Miss January?
I also noticed someone in a recent episode that made me actually laugh out loud to see as a medical professional and not the hilarious bumbling idiot I’ve come to love:
Anyone?? It’s Buster Bluth from Arrested Development! I could not take him seriously and wanted nothing more than to see him raise his arm and reveal a hook. Lols for daysss.
2. I crossed something off my bucket list this week. (YAY ME!) It’s something many people have deemed a ridiculous fear, but I did it and I’m proud, so those people can shove it.
I ate lunch in a public restaurant all by myself. Sure, I had my laptop and iPad in tow to distract me (why yes, I am very important.) And it’s true, it was in the notorious “singles section” of Panera, but that doesn’t lessen the fact that it was still very uncomfortable to me. And then came the moment of awkwardness that I hoped to avoid. I had to pee. And when you have a good portion of Best Buy’s electronics department out on your table and a half-eaten salad, leaving it out there to be stolen/tampered with/prematurely bussed had me in a cold sweat. Luckily there were two very sweet ladies at a booth nearby that agreed to keep an eye on my belongings, and without making me feel like a total a-hole for interrupting their lunch. So thank you random lunching ladies at Panera. Thank you for keeping my personal items safe and restoring my faith in human kind for one more day.
3. I think I’ve officially fallen out of love with my gym. This poses a problem because there aren’t many options for me that fall on my way home from work (very crucial) or that offer good classes. And as much as I realize cancelling my membership and trying to do it on my own will inevitably result in my just not working out ever again, I really hate flushing $50 down the drain every month. 4 visits in 4 weeks does not a good investment make. I’ll keep you posted as this riveting conundrum persists as I’m sure you’re all dying to know how this epic saga turns out. Spoiler alert: With me complaining that none of my pants fit anymore in 2 months.
4. Can we all just stop referring to fall’s hottest color as “oxblood“? It’s kind of/completely grossing me out and making me not want to wear the color ever again. Let’s just call a maroon spade a spade. Burgundy will also suffice. Thanks all around.
5. I was forced to delete a crap-ton of pictures from my iPhone yesterday because I ran out of space to perform some app updates. In looking through said photos, three things became very obvious. In no particular order: I am obsessed with my dog. I am obsessed with food. And I’m unabashedly obsessed with myself. That many pictures of outfits and hairstyles shouldn’t be documented in such a short amount of time. I may want to seek professional help.
God I love you, Vanderpump.
6. Please don’t revoke my girl card after I tell you this…. but I’ve never seen Love Actually.
Well guess what. It’s officially on my DVR and I’m going to watch the crap out of it this weekend and it better live up to the hype. If I have time, that is. Truth be told, I have big plans for trying to get out of leaf duty, but I have a feeling there’s no escaping that obligation. Pray for me.
That’s it for this week, have a great weekend, my loves.