Why I’m Stealthy
About two years ago, as a spry young newlywed, I started blogging as a way to share my attempts at creating recipes that were tasty yet semi-healthy. I was faced with a challenge of making food that would not only help me fit in my wedding dress, but that my husband would actually enjoy eating too. And since I’m the most competitive person alive, I take that challenge on daily and revel in my successes often.
Since then, I’ve sprinkled in random interjections of fashion and beauty products, along with a steady dose of my quirky (often corny) sense of humor. I’m not really sure how to define it (cooking? style? lifestyle?) so let’s just call it a hodgepodge. Which coincidentally is one of my favorite Jeopardy categories.
Either way, my hope is to bring you little tips and tricks on how to eat well, be thrifty, and look good doing it.
Sike. (I actually was born the day after Christmas, but this isn’t that kind of about me page. But to answer your question, yes, it’s awful having a birthday on December 26th, and yes, all of my presents are wrapped in Christmas paper. Also I definitely just said “sike”.) Moving along…
Im 30 and married to a man with the sweetest set of dimples you’ve ever seen, and a mom to a little rescued Australian Shepherd mix, named Mac.
He’s not our first adoption, however. In May of 2010, my husband and I rescued an amazing dog who we named Hendrix. Unfortunately, we lost our little man in July of 2011 to cancer. There are lots of pictures of him scattered throughout my earlier blog posts, as he was here for some of the most important times in our young lives, and for that I will be forever grateful.
And while we miss him every day, after a few months we couldn’t take the empty feeling in our house anymore and that’s when we fell in love with Mac. Expect to see him on a regular basis, as yes, I am one of those dog people.
A few more random notes:
- I love to write, and hope to someday author a young adult novel series
- I am completely and utterly obsessed with my dog, and currently working on (nagging) my husband to rescue another one
- I say my favorite color is green, but I it’s actually pink
- I have two different colored eyes (left is brown + right is green)
- I watch a LOT of TV. Like…. lots.
- I drink wine. A lot. It’s probably my biggest vice, but one that I love dearly
- I’m a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan, and have almost gotten into fights
because of it
- I’m late for everything. (No seriously, everything.)
- I use parentheses way more than I should
- I am a total homebody and love nothing more than to sit on my couch in sweatpants and spend some QT with my DVR