About two years ago, as a spry young newlywed, I started blogging as a way to share my attempts at creating recipes that were tasty yet semi-healthy. Since then I’ve sprinkled it with random interjections of fashion and beauty products, along with a steady dose of my quirky (often corny) sense of humor. I’m not really sure how to define it (cooking? style? lifestyle?) so let’s just call it a hodgepodge. Which coincidentally is one of my favorite Jeopardy categories.
Sike. (I actually was born the day after Christmas, but this isn’t that kind of about me page. But to answer your question, yes, it’s awful having a birthday on December 26th, and yes, all of my presents are wrapped in Christmas paper. Also I definitely just said “sike”.) Moving along…
So I’m Jessica and I’m 29. I’m married to a man with the sweetest set of dimples you’ve ever seen and a mom to a little rescued Australian Shepherd mix, named Mac.
He’s not our first adoption, however. In May of 2010, my husband and I rescued an amazing dog who we named Hendrix. Unfortunately, we lost our little man in July of 2011 to cancer. There are lots of pictures of him scattered throughout my blog, and I’m sure there will be others in the future. He was here for some of the most important times in our young lives, and for that I will be forever grateful.
And while we miss him every day, after a few months we couldn’t take the empty feeling in our house anymore and that’s when we fell in love with Mac. Expect to see him on a regular basis, as yes, I am one of those dog people.
A few more random notes:
- I love to write, and hope to someday author a young adult novel series
- I sing to my dog every day, and often in public
- I say my favorite color is green, but I think it’s actually pink
- I have two different colored eyes (left is brown + right is green)
- I’m obsessed with reality tv. Ob. Sessed.
- I drink wine. A lot. It’s probably my biggest vice, but one that I love dearly
- I’m a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan, and have almost gotten into fights
because of it
- I’m late for everything. (No seriously, everything.)
- I use parentheses a lot
- I am a total homebody and love nothing more than to sit on my couch in sweatpants and spend some QT with my DVR