Hooray for Wednesday-Friday! Hopefully y’all are lucky like me and have a nice long weekend ahead of you, and if not, well I’m sorry. I shall think of you fondly from my sofa whilst I start drinking wine way too early.
1. Have you guys all seen the “new” Miley Cyrus video yet? I’m sure you have, and if not, I assure you that you’re not missing anything important. However, I strongly advise checking it out just so you can experience what it feels like to be completely dumbfounded. Like… she knows that she’ll always be Billy Ray’s daughter and frozen in time as that spazzy tween, right? It made me feel so old and kind of pervy for even having it on in the first place. Put some clothes on, and for the love of God, can we STOP trying to make “grills” happen?! And in a moment of masochism, I listened to the song on its own while I was running this morning, and it’s like, completely unlistenable. Just. Stop.
2. Speaking of running, I have to say that I am really proud of myself (I’m a special snowflake!!!) because I’ve been keeping with my C25K program and am now on week 3. So far it’s not nearly as awful as I thought it would be, and I even snuck in a non-official mini running session last weekend when I met my friend Kendra for a doggie date. I’m pretty sure I’ve got a 5K picked out for August, so hopefully I get there by then. Otherwise it’s not that far from my house so maybe I’ll just call Brandon to come and pick me up and no one will be the wiser….
But seriously, how sweet are these frands??? Mac kept running over and giving Kendra’s German Shepherd (Vivienne) kisses every 10 seconds and I thought my heart was going to explode.
Then again, that may have just been the running.
3. Speaking of Brandon (I know, I can’t help the segues, people), I came home from yoga to the the most gorgeous little surprise last night…
I know hydrangeas aren’t the most expensive or “luxurious” flower, but I sweat them. So hard. I insisted they be in my wedding bouquet, and we have a gorgeous white hydrangea bush outside that makes my heart swell every spring when it blossoms. And pink and purple? I die.
I obviously assumed he broke something or wanted something immediately, but turns out they were just “because” flowers. My favorite kind.
4. Can we talk really quickly about the Bachelorette again- like WHAT IS HAPPENING NEXT WEEK?? $20 says Drew comes out. Just saying.
5. I’m so happy to have shows back again, mostly True Blood and Dexter (!!!!!), but also my guiltiest of pleasures- Big Brother. I’m pretty sure my best friend and I are the only people in the world who watch it, and since she pushed out a snuggly little baby a few months ago, she doesn’t get to watch it live like me, and so I have no one to text with about it, and it’s stressing me OUT! Pulease tell me someone else is watching?? And if you are, all I can say is #McCrae.
Alright, friends, I hope you all have lovely 4ths! Stay safe and don’t throw firecrackers at each other <3 (Yes, that’s happened to me.)