1. So last week I was a day ahead each day (you know, Tuesday but I thought it was Wednesday, etc.) which frankly, my friends, is no way to live. It’s like thinking you’ve found a wadded up $20 in your pocket but it’s actually just a receipt for toilet paper. HOWEVER. This week I’ve been a day behind each day, so imagine my surprise when I realized last night was actually Thursday night, and therefore, completely acceptable for me to break my “no booze during the week” rule. Because in my world, technically Thursday is the beginning of the weekend. Just roll with it. (PS- if you want to find out my favorite wine, check out my video from this week.) #shamelessplug
2. I absolutely loved Jess‘ post from earlier this week about all the lovely Archer Farms products, and promptly found myself in Target a few hours later. (I’m such an easy mark.) Not only did I find a new sweater on the clearance rack that I’ve already donned this week and received multiple compliments on, but I found this as well:
3. Speaking of awesome posts, I have been following this girl’s blog for a super long time now, and if you don’t, well, you are missing out. In fact, I actually emailed her right before I started my blog just to tell her how much I loved hers (stalker much?) and she sent me some of the kindest and most honest advice a girl could ask for. Anyways, she posted about some really honest stuff this week, and it really hit home for me (as in like, pretty much identical timeline of anxiety/depression issues). If you have a moment, check it out, and while you’re there, find like 4,000,000 outfits you want to own.
4. I’m almost halfway through The Great Gatsby and so addicted. I don’t know why it’s taken me this long to delve into this little gem of a novel, but it’s got me thinking. What other great novels from the past have I overlooked? Embarrassingly enough, I don’t think I’ve ever read Withering Heights or Pride and Prejudice, and I think those are my next two to check off the list. Why those two? What’s the significance? I don’t know.
5. Can we talk for a second about Nashville this week? I don’t even know what to say. I mean… ugh. Tears. So many emotions. DEACON.
6. How dorky am I that I am so excited for the new Star Trek*? I mean, Chris Pines, duh, but seriously. Kind of can’t wait to see it. Also Spock, aka Zachary Quinto aka love him. Which reminds me… we really need to catch up on American Horror Story… I digress.
7. I will leave you with this picture of the newest member of my brother and sister-in-law’s family:
Can. You. Even.
Happy weekend, my lovas.
*originally said Star Wars… Classic Jess.