Well this is awkward.
I know… I’ve been a little sporadic with the posting lately, but I swear I haven’t forgotten about you. You see, it’s not you- it’s me.
It’s just work has been cah-razy (not complaining!) and I’ve been spending my nights comatose on the couch, trying to make it past 9pm before surrendering to sweet sweet sleepytime.
BUT… I promise I’m going to make more of an effort. Probably. Anyways, let’s kiss and make up over a good old classic AFTF, shall we? You guys are the best.
1. Speaking of work, you may have seen my recent humble brag about flying on a private jet the other day, and thought to yourself “um, exsqueeze me? Bacon powder?” Well, it was for work and with a client, and it was amazing. And terrifying. Do you guys KNOW how tiny those things are? The only thing smaller is the Xanax I inhaled just before stepping on to avoid a complete meltdown.
Just for perspective, let’s not forget that I am 5 feet 9 inches of pure amazonian-ness, but seriously. Could this plane BE any smaller? (I do look kind of BA getting on it though, so…)
2. Speaking of new experiences (yes I think I’m going to try and make perfect transitions for each thing today.) Anyhoo- um, so I’m thinking of converting to Judaism for the pure reason of Matzoh Ball Soup. It’s a proper noun in my world. I cannot believe it’s taken me 30 years to taste this delightful brothy bowl of heaven. It’s all I’ve been thinking about since I raised that first taste to my unknowing lips, and I am on a very strict mission to attempt whipping some up this weekend. I’ll keep you posted on how it turns out. Unless it doesn’t turn out and then we’ll forget we ever had this conversation.
3. Speaking of religion (nailed it!), check out this ring I just got and can’t stop staring at.
You’d think the fact that I don’t have a Nordstrom within 2 hours of me would stop me from spending money (I don’t have) on Jesus-y jewelry, but oh hey, free shipping and returns… I didn’t see you there…. It’s also a good reminder on Fridays when I go to reach for something like a cheeseburger that it’s Lent and I can’t haz none.
4. Speaking of things I’ve seen (BOOM!), even though I HATE winter with a capital H-A-T-E, I love winter sunsets. What is it about them that makes them look like cotton candy? They make me happy and hungry all at the same time. Warms my snow-covered heart.
5. Speaking of warming my heart (hold your applause until the end please), I visited the Humane Society last night for an event and it’s a gd miracle that I left without something barking inside my purse.
As much as it breaks my heart to see all these sweet little faces waiting to find a home, I am so grateful for the work that the Humane Society does. It’s the only organization that I still actively volunteer for, and the one that I am most passionate about. Because as I’ve said before, animals are just cooler than people. Generally… So if you aren’t looking to rescue a new friend, or have the time to walk dogs or play with cats, just keep in mind that they always need supplies! Papertowels, newspaper, peanut butter, and bleach are all things we have lying around, and every little bit helps. Just visit your local HS’s website and they should have a list of things they need. Ok, I’ll step down from my soap box now. But seriously… those faces.
Speaking of faces (aaand *scene*) I love yours and I wish you all happy relaxing weekends <3