1. YOU GUYS!! LOOK HOW CRAFTY I AM!! Just kidding. Kind of. But seriously- my friends and I made these little glitter mason jar votives for our friend’s baby shower last weekend, and stuffed them with blue tootsie pops as the centerpieces. How cute, right? But the best part is that people could then take them home and use them as little glittery votives! Glitter, candles and crafting, oh my. Here are the instructions if you’re interested in how to make them:
Note: Make sure you open a door or a window when you’re spraying the glue. You’re welcome.
2. Speaking of feeling dizzy, my sinuses have been pure evil the last few weeks, and the pressure is making me feel a little off balance. (I want to say it’s Virtigo, but mostly because it makes me think of Liza Minnelli on Arrested Development.) So just to be sure it wasn’t a brain tumor festering in my cranium, I decided to swing by the Dr.’s office to have it checked out. She ordered some blood work to check my electrolytes, and in a classic Jess move, I made a seemingly simple procedure into a major ordeal. As in…
I fainted. And had to be carried into an examination room to lay down. And fed flat Pepsi to help revive me. Also there were like 20 people sitting in the “blood work waiting area” that watched this entire shit show unfold. And then I had makeup all over my sweater the rest of the day from when my head collapsed onto my arm like a limp noodle. It was an all-around spectacular event.
3. I’m getting my January beauty favorites all squared away for my next video, and like… I have so many. I think if I included everything I want to, I’d have somewhere around 20 things. Which would equal a video too long for anyone to watch. And approximately 47 “um’s” uttered by yours truly. I’m not sure if this means that I have great taste, or that my addiction has grown beyond a manageable situation to a full-blown problem. Let’s go with option A.
4. Have you guys seen this yet? It’s the best thing that happened to me all week.
5. I may currently have my picture in a local magazine… and I may have told everyone I know.
If this is the closest I’ll ever be to feeling what it’s like to attend a big-time award show red carpet, I’m ok with that. Unless someone would like to invite me to a big-time award show red carpet. In that case I’ll have my bags packed before you can say SilverLiningsPlaybook and promise not to flirt too openly with my girl crush, Jennifer Lawrence. PS, I’m wearing Ross Dress for Less. The Clearance Collection.
6. I know the Super Bowl is this weekend, but for the first time in quite a few years, I don’t think I could care any less. I’m usually all “WOO HOO! BIG GAME! WINGS! BEER! ALL THE DIPS!” But this year? I’d almost just skip the entire thing and catch up on season three of Downton Abbey in my PJ’s. Maybe it’s because my poor Eagles sucked so badly this season, as well as my fantasy team, so I’m just turned off by football in general. Then again, wings and beer can usually turn my frown upside down, so watch it I shall. I still might wear my pj’s though. (You’ve been warned, friends.)
Happy weekend y’all! xxoo
Are you rooting for anyone in the Super Bowl? And tell me what you’re making since I suck this year and said we’re just ordering pizzas.