1. You guys… I don’t even know how to say this, but I found out something this week that freaking BLEW.MY.MIND.
AKA Saul from Homeland?
WHAT???? I mean, come on. Just when I thought I couldn’t love Saul any more.
Let’s all take a breath.
2. After hours of debating what to do with my unruly mane, I decided to return to the old ombre look.
I actually really love it, and I’m still getting used to how dark the top is. I feel the need to make goth jokes just so everyone feels comfortable. But not only that, I did something that I’ve never done before and didn’t really know about- I dyed my eyebrows…!! I know, cah-razy. But I have to tell you, I freaking love them. For some reason my eyebrows are a few shades lighter than my natural hair color, and until my hairdresser suggested it, I never even thought to try tinting them. Life changer, people.
3. Can we talk about how f*$king evil my skin is being right now? I’m talking like high school, not enough cheap makeup in the WORLD can help me right now, BAD.. It’s mind-boggling. Why a 30 year-old woman has to deal with skin issues just seems ridiculous, but I’m trying out some new products and hoping for the best. So far the Mario Bodescu “Buffering Lotion” has been really helping, and I thoroughly cleaned all my makeup brushes this weekend, but holy hell. If this persists I’m going to have to either fork over some loot and visit a dermatologist or try to make beekeeper masks a new fashion statement.
4. Have you guys been to Target lately? (Of course you have, what am I thinking.) Their Spring stuff is out and it’s making my life. There is so much mint green and hot pink I think I might die. If this is a preview for what is to come after this bitter disgusting cold clears out, it’s actually giving me strength to push through this awful time we call “winter”. Not just that, but I’ve got a drawer full of pink lipsticks that are just begging to be unleashed. Yes, I realize that I’ve got problems.
5. In an effort to move my body more than just from the kitchen to the living room, I purchased a Groupon for a nearby yoga studio, and I cannot tell you how excited I am to start going. I haven’t gone this long without a gym membership in probably 10 years, and it’s starting to ware on my psyche. Even though there is nothing I want to do less than put on a tank top and drive anywhere other than home after work these days, I am in desperate need of some physical activity. Plus I have to justify the last two purchases I made from Lululemon. So it’s a win-win.
6. GIRL CRUSH ALERT.
I have been obsessed with this blog for about a month now. Estee is not only gorgeous and funny, but she has great taste in beauty products and an adorable Canadian accent. Plus I get to live vicariously through her and her experience living abroad, which is something I’ve always wanted to do. I highly recommend checking it out.
Alright, loves, that’s if for me. Enjoy your weekends and stay warm! I’ve got my biff’s baby shower to attend, and I can’t lie, I’m pretty excited to “ooh” and “ahh” over adorable little baby boy clothing. Catch you on the flip side!