1. Did you ever have a week that dragged and flew by at the same time? Did that just blow your mind? Am I even making sense right now? Perhaps we should start over…
2. I just realized yesterday that my watch was one day behind on the “calendar” portion of said timepiece (oh you fancy, huh), and was immediately embarrassed upon this revelation. For I have been scoffing at people for WEEKS who have (what I thought) been wrong about the date. I’m talking major attitude during a restaurant reservation session that I now realize was my bad. So… sorry about that, very nice Asian lady at the sushi restaurant… keep on doin’ what you’re doin’.
3. YOU GUYS!! The Bachelor is back!! *squeal* Yes, I realize this is turning my brain to mush, and yes, I realize most of it is fake and drummed up entirely by ABC, but I care not! There is nothing quite like a boozy house of hens, all clucking and pecking over a man who is undoubtedly just in this to have his Greek-god-like body plastered all over the television. (Not that I’m complaining.) But wow. So many things about this season so far.
Like for one, Tierra is the worst. REALLY, Sean? The first rose? And I thought I was done with Kacie B. And, I don’t know about you, but I for sure rewound the part when that chick tried to tumble her way out of the limo, but instead tumbled right onto her ass. You just can’t make this shit up, guys. And what’s up with 50 Shades chick? Is that still like a relevant thing? But for real, I don’t think I like any of them so far, but I’ll keep you posted as my feelings progress.
4. You know what else is back?
Yep, Nashville. Seriously… just… everything. And as much as I love this show with every fiber in my being, I just cannot take Hayden Peniteakrjea;lfkjdkal. Like… every time I look at her I just see a giant woman-child. And in those sequinned dresses it’s like an episode of toddlers and tiaras. And why is her jaw always clenched while she talks? Just stop.
5. Thanks for your recipe recommendations last week, I’ve actually stepped up my kitchen game again, and have been cooking dinners like a boss this week. I even remade one of my first blog recipes ever that I will (hopefully) be posting next week… I think this rejuvenation is partially because I finally went grocery shopping (oh, goodbye $250…), and also because I could not stomach one more frozen pizza. But it is Friday, and we all know Friday night = pizza night. God bless you, Newman’s Own Thin Crust Supreme.
6. I don’t know what it is, but I’m going through this weird retro music phase, and cannot stop listening to all the bands I used to listen to in high school on Spotify. (Goldfinger, Bouncing Souls, MxPx, and Alkaline Trio, just to name a few). I don’t know where this nostalgic urge to immerse myself in the music of my childhood is coming from, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. It also kind of makes me want to break out my gigantic-bottomed JNCO jeans and faded Salvation Army t-shirts, but then…
Yeah, not so much. Let’s just stick with the audio reminiscing.
Random question for funsies: Who was your favorite band in high school?
Ok, that’s it friends, happy weekend to you all! xxoo